Страницы

пятница, 18 февраля 2022 г.

Tick - tock

 

At the Creative Writing class, we start with 10-minute of free writing. This time the prompt was:

The smart people at the dinner table...

I continued with:

...murmured about the delicious wine and the mouthwatering food, some silly small talk that I’ve never been able to handle. I sat just across, alone, nails knocking on the glass. I didn’t care about the food or the vine. I just wanted this evening to end. I just wanted to skip this part, fast forward it like a videotape.

His profile didn't have a photo, but he said he will be wearing silk, blue shirt.

knock - knock, tick - tock

At the age of 37 I was still alone - not my fault obviously, but I made my peace with it. There was only one thing that I desperately wanted. It made my chest tight. Just one microscopic thing that I needed from him, one cell, one set of chromosomes.



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий